Urgent call out, shout it loud please
Occupy Democracy General Assembly for the Future
Let us demonstrate what democracy looks like with an assembly to discuss what we want from a future government.
Using human mic and consensus style hand signals let's show people how we can get together and have a meeting where all voices can be heard. Give other people the tools to have general assemblies/discussions/
meetings in their own communities. Livestreamers please come too.
Propose Discussion style GA. 7pm -
10 -15 mins, intro, hand signals, establish discussion groups
30 - 40 mins break out discussions 5- 10 people per group to come up with 3 key points
20 -40 mins feedback to whole meeting
Could start with this from OL initial statement
- The current system is unsustainable. It is undemocratic and unjust. We need alternatives; this is where we work towards them.
And this from OD
Occupy Democracy is a social movement for a democracy free from corporate control that works for people and planet!
We believe that:
- our democracy has been captured by corporations, banks and the wealthy,
- our political system works in the interests of the 1% and not the 99%,
- nobody voted for NHS privatisation, fracking, TTIP, the tripling of tuition fees, etc,
- our parliament is a corrupted and unrepresentative institution
- ordinary people deserve a fair say in the decisions that affect them,
- our votes, hard won by previous generations, have little value today,
- there is an alternative!
GA preparation meet, 30 mins to establish roles and agenda
need A3 flip chart paper and pens for break out groups, ask each group to take a pic of their paper for sharing online and records.
Phoenix has already tweeted about it
Please share on FB/social networks and invite groups/people you know
Let's Occupy Democracy