Beijing, China - We'd been driving for an hour and a half since leaving central Beijing when the car suddenly slowed to a halt. "This isn't exactly where the GPS told me to go, but I think it's the place," says the driver. 
I look out the window and see a simple wooden archway leading to a plain, one-storey building. The facade is bare except for some words painted in black capital letters. "Who is your farmer? Where does your food come from?" it reads.
"Yes," I reply. "This is definitely the place."
I've arrived at Shared Harvest, a 2.6-hectare farm in the countryside 70km north of the capital, to meet Shi Yan, its founder and chief executive. This is one of two Shared Harvest farms; the second is located in Tongzhou, half-an-hour away.
Yan greets me warmly, wearing a knitted green cardigan and long purple scarf. "Sorry I'm late. It's busy now because of the conference," she says.
Opened in 2012, Shared Harvest is not only a completely organic farm, it was also one of the first in China to follow the Community Supported Agriculture (CSA) model, where consumers buy meat and vegetables directly from producers. "We painted the question on the building ourselves," says Yan, "because in CSA, that is the core question."